Scroll Up Skip to content
- ▢ 2-6 pounds bone prime rib boned and tied
- ▢ 1 cup butter softened
- ▢ 5 cloves garlic minced
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon thyme finely chopped
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon oregano finely chopped
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon rosemary finely chopped
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon salt
- ▢ 1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the prime rib from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and place in a roasting pan or large skillet with the fat side up.
- Cook for 15 minutes and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. It is about 15 minutes per pound of meat. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let it rest with foil for at least 20 minutes. The temperature will rise to 130 degrees for a medium rare prime rib.