Scroll Up Skip to content
- ▢ 1 pound fresh green beans – ends trimmed
- ▢ 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ▢ 1 tablespoon olive oil – sub additional 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ▢ 1 teaspoon salt – or to taste
- ▢ ½ teaspoon black pepper – or to taste
- ▢ 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ▢ 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ▢ ⅓ cup shaved, sliced, or slivered almonds
- Make sure the beans are patted dry, then add to a large skillet along with oil. Saute over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and almonds.
- Saute 10 minutes or until green beans are easily pierced with fork. Allow to cool slightly before serving.