Scroll Up Skip to content
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Place uncooked carrots in a large skillet over medium high high. Add in water and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to a simmer.
- Allow the carrots to steam for 5-7 minutes, until a fork slides easily into them.
- Uncover the steamed carrots and cook for an additional minute to allow the water to evaporate.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Add in the butter, brown sugar and mustard. Stir to combine and glaze the carrots. The glaze will thicken as it cooks.
- Season with salt. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.